Scottsdale tops list as the best city in America for renters
PHOENIX – If you are in the market to rent a home in the Phoenix area, look no further than Scottsdale.
According to realtor.com, the Phoenix suburb topped the list of nearly 170 cities in the United States as the happiest place for renters.
The survey, conducted by Apartment List, asked 45,000 renters to rank their respective cities on various factors, including affordability, job and career opportunities, and recreational activities.
Additionally, commute time, taxes and public transit were also included in the study.
Scottsdale beat out the likes of Plano, Texas and Huntington Beach, California, who rounded out the top three cities.
Larger cities such as New York, who finished with the least happy renters, didn’t fare too well in the study.
“The people who choose a smaller city, it’s somewhere they want to live instead of the biggest cities where the jobs are,” Sydney Bennet, a researcher at Apartment List, said. “Smaller cities tend to perform better on safety and school quality.”
While Scottsdale topped the list as the happiest city for renters, Glendale fell near the bottom of the list.
The West Valley city finished eighth on the list for the most unhappy renters.
- Arizona officials work to ensure wildlife have water during drought
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds
- Has Republican Party been redefined under Trump? Sen. Jeff Flake says so
- Ex-high school teacher in western Arizona arrested in sex investigation