FALLS CHURCH, Va. (AP) – President Barack Obama is visiting a middle-class family in suburban Washington as he continues to push for a plan to extend tax cuts to all but the top 2 percent of earners.
Obama, visiting the Northern Virginia home of Tiffany and Richard Santana, said every day that passes without a solution to the fiscal problem creates more stress and uncertainty for American families.
The president called the problem solvable, but added: “The closer it gets to the brink the more stress there is going to be.”
Obama is trying to keep up pressure on Republicans to avoid a so-called fiscal cliff of automatic tax increases and across-the board spending cuts set for Jan. 1. Tiffany Santana said the tax increase would amount to two months’ rent for her family.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development