Arizona among states with highest employment growth, report finds
PHOENIX — If you are looking to score a job, Arizona might be the place for you.
Arizona was recently ranked among the states with the highest employment growth in the country, according to a report from WalletHub.
The state was ranked No. 5 in the nation in this category, falling behind Georgia, Oregon, Tennessee and Colorado.
This was Arizona’s best metric in the report, which was titled “2018’s Best and Worst States for Jobs.”
Overall, the state fell directly in the middle in terms of jobs, ranking No. 25 in the country.
It fared a little better in the “job market” category, coming in at No. 19. But the state did the worst in the “economic environment” ranking, at No. 28.
But the state that ranked the best in the nation for jobs was Washington, followed by Colorado, Minnesota, Utah and New Hampshire.
Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Kentucky, Mississippi and West Virginia fell on the opposite end of the spectrum, ranking among the worst states in the nation for jobs.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix set for abnormally low high temperature on Monday
- Uber, Lyft surge ahead of cabs in Arizona campaign expense reports
- Arizona ranks No. 34 on website’s list of best states
- ‘Think Tank’ rounds up the latest Arizona and national political news
- Phoenix police arrest man sought in alleged contracting scam