Joe’s Real BBQ in Gilbert will hand out free meals Wednesday
PHOENIX — Joe’s Real BBQ, a longtime Gilbert staple, will hand out free meals Wednesday as part of its annual Customer Appreciation Day.
That’s right, free barbecue for all.
Joe’s Real BBQ, which is celebrating 20 years of business at 301 N. Gilbert Road, started its free day tradition in 2000 and has given away 83,000 meals.
Free meals will include a pulled pork or chicken breast sandwich plus coleslaw, beans, a chocolate chip cookie and a drink.
Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., and dinner time will be 4 to 8 p.m.
The restaurant said lunch lines are expected to be shortest from 2 to 3 p.m., and it recommended being in line for dinner by 7 p.m.
Joe’s Real BBQ will collect cans of food or boxes of cereal for the Open Arms Care Center, but a donation is not required for a free meal.
The rules are simple:
• One meal per person.
• Must be present to receive a meal.
• No takeout.
• No other menu items will be offered.
Joe’s Real BBQ is in the heart of Gilbert’s bustling Heritage District, which in recent years has developed into one of the Valley’s top dining destinations.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Gilbert car dealership manager arrested for tampering with odometer
- Mitt Romney to join Martha McSally at Senate campaign rally in Phoenix area
- Unlicensed Gilbert contractor arrested for misleading clients
- Gilbert ranked by website as Arizona’s fastest-growing city
- Gilbert residents will see utility rates increase next month