Phoenix-area toddler dies after nearly drowning in pool
PHOENIX — A toddler who was pulled unresponsive from a Phoenix-area pool has died at a local hospital, authorities announced Monday.
The 3-year-old was pulled from the water in Buckeye near Sunset Point Boulevard and Shooting Star Lane around 6:45 p.m. on Sunday.
The child was pronounced dead later that night.
When police arrived, the grandfather was performing CPR on the child, fire department spokesman Tommy Taylor said.
Taylor was not aware if there was a pool fence or barrier.
“Pool fences or barriers can only do so much. Watching over young children around pools is the best way to insure their safety,” he said in an email.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Girl’s fall from moving car on Phoenix-area freeway ruled accidental
- MCSO deputies find 2 potentially explosive devices near Buckeye
- Deputy-involved shooting in Buckeye leaves one man dead, deputy injured
- These cities ranked the safest in Arizona based on violent crime rates
- Child falls out of moving car on Phoenix-area freeway