Phoenix-area toddler dies after nearly drowning in pool
PHOENIX — A toddler who was pulled unresponsive from a Phoenix-area pool has died at a local hospital, authorities announced Monday.
The 3-year-old was pulled from the water in Buckeye near Sunset Point Boulevard and Shooting Star Lane around 6:45 p.m. on Sunday.
The child was pronounced dead later that night.
When police arrived, the grandfather was performing CPR on the child, fire department spokesman Tommy Taylor said.
Taylor was not aware if there was a pool fence or barrier.
“Pool fences or barriers can only do so much. Watching over young children around pools is the best way to insure their safety,” he said in an email.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix-area man rearrested for alleged murder of 3-month-old son
- Arrest made in gun incident that led to Phoenix-area high school lockdown
- Buckeye woman arrested for false 911 call that prompted school lockdown
- West Valley elementary school on lockdown due to suspicious person
- Valley woman arrested for allegedly driving drunk with kids on Halloween