Phoenix-area toddler dies after nearly drowning in pool
PHOENIX — A toddler who was pulled unresponsive from a Phoenix-area pool has died at a local hospital, authorities announced Monday.
The 3-year-old was pulled from the water in Buckeye near Sunset Point Boulevard and Shooting Star Lane around 6:45 p.m. on Sunday.
The child was pronounced dead later that night.
When police arrived, the grandfather was performing CPR on the child, fire department spokesman Tommy Taylor said.
Taylor was not aware if there was a pool fence or barrier.
“Pool fences or barriers can only do so much. Watching over young children around pools is the best way to insure their safety,” he said in an email.
- County officials declare missing boy’s cause of death as ‘undetermined’
- RentCafe: Phoenix apartment rent prices continue to rise
- Man dies after drowning in Salt River in Phoenix area, police say
- Non-fatal drownings can have lifelong consequences for children
- 4-year-old dies after found unresponsive in Peoria pool