Phoenix-area toddler dies after nearly drowning in pool
PHOENIX — A toddler who was pulled unresponsive from a Phoenix-area pool has died at a local hospital, authorities announced Monday.
The 3-year-old was pulled from the water in Buckeye near Sunset Point Boulevard and Shooting Star Lane around 6:45 p.m. on Sunday.
The child was pronounced dead later that night.
When police arrived, the grandfather was performing CPR on the child, fire department spokesman Tommy Taylor said.
Taylor was not aware if there was a pool fence or barrier.
“Pool fences or barriers can only do so much. Watching over young children around pools is the best way to insure their safety,” he said in an email.
KTAR News 92.3
- Two-year-old Phoenix boy pulled from pool dies at hospital
- Ex-boyfriend charged with first-degree murder in 19-year-old’s death
- Body of 19-year-old woman missing from Phoenix home found in Buckeye
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office investigating after body found in Buckeye
- Hybrid semi-truck company shifts plant plans from Buckeye to Coolidge