Star-studded female cast highlights latest rendition to ‘Ocean’s’ trilogy
The last time the public saw a member of the Ocean family on the big screen was during Danny’s elaborate plan to ruin the opening night for a new hotel casino on the Las Vegas strip in “Ocean’s 13.”
Now 11 years later, it’s Danny’s sister Debbie who is the master-mind behind an elaborate heist.
Ocean’s 8 tells the story of an elaborate heist pulled off by Debbie Ocean — played by Sandra Bullock — and her group of thieves.
After five years, eight months and 12 days in prison, Ocean sets her sights on a $150 million diamond necklace draped around the neck of Anne Hathaway’s character, Daphne Kluger.
In similar Ocean fashion, Bullock scouts her heist members, choosing those with the most sophisticated skills.
The movie resembles the same set up process in the previous “Ocean’s” movies, along with a cast riddled with star power.
Cate Blanchett, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Helena Bonham Carter, comedian Awkwafina, and pop sensation Rihanna all join Bullock and Hathaway to make up the cast for the film.
“Ocean’s 8” is set to release on June 8.
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- ‘Ocean’s 8’ opens with franchise-best $41.5M to top weekend
- Snapchat apologizes for ad mocking Rihanna, Chris Brown’s violent past
- Hit play: Here are the most popular YouTube videos of 2016
- Get your holiday jam on with ‘All I Want for Christmas’ Carpool Karaoke mashup