Share this story...
Latest News

Hearing postponed for man accused of providing ammo to Vegas shooter

Douglas Haig takes questions from reporters at a news conference Friday, Feb. 2, 2018, in Chandler, Ariz. Haig spoke about his experience selling ammunition to the gunman who killed 58 people and injured hundreds more in the Oct. 1, 2017, in Las Vegas shooting, the deadliest in modern U.S. history. Haig, a 55-year-old aerospace engineer who sold ammunition as a hobby for about 25 years, said he met Stephen Paddock at a Phoenix gun show in the weeks before the Oct. 1 shooting in Las Vegas that killed 58 people and injured hundreds more. Haig said he was shocked and sickened when a federal agent informed him of the massacre 11 hours after it unfolded. It's unknown whether the ammunition he sold to Paddock was used in the attack. (AP Photo/Brian Skoloff)

PHOENIX — The court date for an Arizona man accused of providing armor-piercing ammunition to the gunman in last year’s mass shooting in Las Vegas has again been postponed.

The hearing for 55-year-old Douglas Haig was scheduled for Monday but has since been moved to May 21.

Haig was charged with conspiring to make and sell armor-piercing ammunition in February.

Authorities say unfired armor-piercing cartridges found inside the Las Vegas hotel room where Stephen Paddock launched the Oct. 1 attack had Haig’s fingerprints.

Haig maintains he legally sold tracer ammunition — which illuminates the path of bullets — to Paddock in the weeks before the shooting that killed 58 people and ended with Paddock killing himself.

The charge centered on armor-piercing cartridges.

Haig hasn’t yet entered a plea.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comments

Comment guidelines: No name-calling, personal attacks, profanity, or insults. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate comments by reporting abuse.
comments powered by Disqus

KTAR News 92.3