Arizona alum to star on newest season of ‘Dancing with the Stars’
PHOENIX — It appears two Olympic medals and a College World Series aren’t enough.
Arizona softball great Jennie Finch is trading in her mitt for dancing shoes as she prepares for the upcoming season of “Dancing with the Stars.”
But this isn’t her first time trying something outside of her comfort zone. She’s also appeared on “Pros vs. Joes,” “The Real Housewives of Orange County” and was even a contestant on “Celebrity Apprentice” in 2008.
She could add some additional hardware to her trophy room where she has gold medals from the 2004 and 2008 Olympic Games and a 2001 College World Series win under her belt.
Finch joins nine other athletes — Adam Rippon, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Chris Mazdzer, Jamie Anderson, Tonya Harding, Mirai Nagasu, Josh Norman, Johnny Damon and Arike Ogunbowale — who will take the stage for the 26th season of the show.
It appears her partner will be Keo Motsepe (keodancer), a dancer who has been on the show numerous times, according to Finch’s tweet.
The dancing kicks off on April 30.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- ‘Malcolm in the Middle’ star Frankie Muniz sells Phoenix home for $3.2M
- Arizona-raised Lindsey Stirling loses out on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ crown
- Arizona’s Lindsey Stirling advances to finals on ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Handful of Arizona ties in upcoming season of ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Lindsey Stirling announces Christmas album, ‘Dancing with the Stars’ spot