3-year-old dies after firefighters pull him out of Phoenix pool
PHOENIX — A 3-year-old Phoenix boy has died on Thursday after he was pulled out of a pool by firefighters, Phoenix Police Department officials said.
Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Capt. Jake Van Hook said first responders were called to the pool because of a drowning.
The child was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. He was pronounced dead Thursday night.
Other details, including the location of the pool, were not immediately known. His identity was not released.
Sgt. Jonathan Howard with the Phoenix Police Department said officials are investigating the incident but said there is “no early sign this is a criminal event.”
- With storms coming, Arizona firefighters rescue dog from drain
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Downtown Donut Festival to be held in Phoenix in November