3-year-old dies after firefighters pull him out of Phoenix pool
PHOENIX — A 3-year-old Phoenix boy has died on Thursday after he was pulled out of a pool by firefighters, Phoenix Police Department officials said.
Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Capt. Jake Van Hook said first responders were called to the pool because of a drowning.
The child was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. He was pronounced dead Thursday night.
Other details, including the location of the pool, were not immediately known. His identity was not released.
Sgt. Jonathan Howard with the Phoenix Police Department said officials are investigating the incident but said there is “no early sign this is a criminal event.”
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 15-year-old pedestrian dies after being hit by vehicle in Phoenix
- Two people in critical condition after shooting in Phoenix
- Phoenix Zoo welcomes 4-year-old tiger from Washington state
- Dallas-based company says it will reopen Florence Hospital next year
- Rain showers in Phoenix expected Thursday, may last through Friday