3-year-old dies after firefighters pull him out of Phoenix pool
PHOENIX — A 3-year-old Phoenix boy has died on Thursday after he was pulled out of a pool by firefighters, Phoenix Police Department officials said.
Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Capt. Jake Van Hook said first responders were called to the pool because of a drowning.
The child was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. He was pronounced dead Thursday night.
Other details, including the location of the pool, were not immediately known. His identity was not released.
Sgt. Jonathan Howard with the Phoenix Police Department said officials are investigating the incident but said there is “no early sign this is a criminal event.”
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Another portion of future South Mountain Freeway open to drivers
- Suspicious package at Phoenix garage found to be harmless
- Man claims he was assaulted in homophobic attack in Phoenix
- Man accused of stabbing victim 30 times on bus in west Phoenix
- Suspect accused of robbing Valley convenience store for cigarettes