3-year-old dies after firefighters pull him out of Phoenix pool
PHOENIX — A 3-year-old Phoenix boy has died on Thursday after he was pulled out of a pool by firefighters, Phoenix Police Department officials said.
Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Capt. Jake Van Hook said first responders were called to the pool because of a drowning.
The child was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. He was pronounced dead Thursday night.
Other details, including the location of the pool, were not immediately known. His identity was not released.
Sgt. Jonathan Howard with the Phoenix Police Department said officials are investigating the incident but said there is “no early sign this is a criminal event.”
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Child hit by vehicle after running into Phoenix street, police say
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2012 Walmart robbery, murder
- 3rd body found in Nogales wash days after flooding near border
- First Place opens with aim to help adults with autism gain independence
- Owner of Phoenix bar donates nearly $13K in sales to Florence victims