3-year-old dies after firefighters pull him out of Phoenix pool
PHOENIX — A 3-year-old Phoenix boy has died on Thursday after he was pulled out of a pool by firefighters, Phoenix Police Department officials said.
Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Capt. Jake Van Hook said first responders were called to the pool because of a drowning.
The child was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. He was pronounced dead Thursday night.
Other details, including the location of the pool, were not immediately known. His identity was not released.
Sgt. Jonathan Howard with the Phoenix Police Department said officials are investigating the incident but said there is “no early sign this is a criminal event.”
- Lost Lake Music Festival in Phoenix announces 2018 lineup
- Phoenix area closing in on 100 degrees, but heat won’t last
- Heroin, fentanyl seized and numerous arrested in Arizona operation
- Phoenix firefighters union requests more staff, say it’s necessary
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2013 fatal hit-and-run