How much rain fell in the Phoenix-area this weekend?
PHOENIX — The Phoenix-area saw rain on Sunday morning.
According to the National Weather Service, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport received four-hundredths of an inch of rain between 7 and 9 a.m. on Sunday.
The rain did not last long, clearing out by 10 a.m. in most parts of the Valley. But it was still welcomed.
New River received the most amount of rainfall between Saturday and Sunday, with nearly a half an inch of rain.
The rain will be a nice segue into the 80-plus degree temperatures that the Valley is expected to see this upcoming week.
According to The Weather Channel, Phoenix is expected to hit a high of 82 degrees on Monday, before climbing to a high of 85 on Tuesday.
But the temperatures are expected to cool off on Wednesday, with a high of 84 degrees and a high of 77 degrees on Friday.
St. Patrick’s Day could be the next time the city sees rain, with a 70 percent chance of getting the wet stuff next Saturday.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Two people in critical condition after shooting in Phoenix
- Light rain falls on Phoenix area early, a little more to come Friday
- Phoenix Zoo welcomes 4-year-old tiger from Washington state
- Dallas-based company says it will reopen Florence Hospital next year
- Rain showers in Phoenix expected Thursday, may last through Friday