Britney Spears’ ‘Toxic’ goes with just about any movie scene
PHOENIX — Pop star Britney Spears’ “Toxic” debuted more than a decade ago, but even in 2018, the beat is still going strong with a little help from social media.
In the most recent dubbing experiment, the Grammy-winning song was used in a number of movies, fitting in almost too perfectly.
In the battle of Asgard in “Thor: Ragnarok,” Britney’s beat goes right with the fighting, even adding to the film.
someone put toxic by Britney spears over the thor ragnarok fight scene and its art pic.twitter.com/Kb2E05McQu
— Female Struggles (@comedyandtruth) March 4, 2018
Even Loki’s entrance in “The Avengers” was made for the tune.
But Spears’ beat doesn’t just work for the gods. Rey and Kylo Ren dig it too.
Rey & Kylo Ren fighting the Praetorian Guards to “Toxic” by Brittany Spears pic.twitter.com/5qY5XNInnq
— ʀᴀᴄʜ • ᴛʜᴏʀ’s ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ ɢғ (@rachnarok) January 23, 2018
Not to mention it adds a certain aura over the gunfight with the Winter Soldier in “Captain America: The Winter Soldier.”
With more and more action scenes being layered over with the pop hit, the only other question is; What’s next?
- ‘Star Wars’ fans should expect slowdown in films, Disney CEO says
- ‘Star Wars’ Day sightings in Phoenix area include Wookiee on a velocipede
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ releases second movie trailer
- Here’s when Disney’s new ‘Star Wars,’ Marvel theme lands will open
- Marvel Studios drops the second trailer for ‘Avengers: Infinity War’