Britney Spears’ ‘Toxic’ goes with just about any movie scene
PHOENIX — Pop star Britney Spears’ “Toxic” debuted more than a decade ago, but even in 2018, the beat is still going strong with a little help from social media.
In the most recent dubbing experiment, the Grammy-winning song was used in a number of movies, fitting in almost too perfectly.
In the battle of Asgard in “Thor: Ragnarok,” Britney’s beat goes right with the fighting, even adding to the film.
someone put toxic by Britney spears over the thor ragnarok fight scene and its art pic.twitter.com/Kb2E05McQu
— Female Struggles (@comedyandtruth) March 4, 2018
Even Loki’s entrance in “The Avengers” was made for the tune.
But Spears’ beat doesn’t just work for the gods. Rey and Kylo Ren dig it too.
Rey & Kylo Ren fighting the Praetorian Guards to “Toxic” by Brittany Spears pic.twitter.com/5qY5XNInnq
— ʀᴀᴄʜ • ᴛʜᴏʀ’s ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ ɢғ (@rachnarok) January 23, 2018
Not to mention it adds a certain aura over the gunfight with the Winter Soldier in “Captain America: The Winter Soldier.”
With more and more action scenes being layered over with the pop hit, the only other question is; What’s next?
- Marvel Studios drops the second trailer for ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- New ‘Star Wars’ films to be written, produced by ‘Game of Thrones’ duo
- Here is the first plot synopsis for upcoming ‘Solo’ Star Wars film
- Written math equation recreates famous ‘Star Wars’ theme song
- It feels like Ewan McGregor is gearing up for an Obi-Wan Kenobi spinoff