Flagstaff, Grand Canyon make list of trendiest spring break destinations
PHOENIX — Spring break season has commenced, bringing in warm temperatures and pushing the cold, Winter weather out.
It also means for those lucky enough, flocking to various destinations to spend a week away from reality in the Spring.
Brit + Co decided it was the best time to release its list of the trendiest spring break destinations in the U.S., and surprisingly enough, one northern Arizona city beat out other cities surrounded by sand and the ocean.
Thanks to its close vicinity to the Grand Canyon National Park, Flagstaff made the list at No. 3, beating out the likes of Destin, Fla. and San Jose, Calif.
Brit + Co referenced Flagstaff’s humid air along with the hiking trails at the Grand Canyon that present breathtaking views of the red rocks and Colorado River that cuts through the canyon.
Beating out Flagstaff were Kahului, Hawaii at No. 2 and Colorado Springs, Colo. at No. 1.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona’s high country still plagued by drought, despite recent storms
- Light rain falls on Phoenix area early, a little more to come Friday
- Trump and Xi agreement buys time in trade war
- Flagstaff tourism held up despite partial forest closures
- Rain showers cover metro Phoenix, snow piles up in Flagstaff