Silver Alert cancelled after once-missing woman found in Mesa
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert was cancelled after a woman who was last seen late Sunday night was found on Monday, the Mesa Police Department said.
Maureen Georgou, 69, was last seen around 8 p.m. on Sunday, after she checked in at the Best Western hotel near the U.S. 60 and Gilbert Road in Mesa after flying in from Minnesota.
Officers said she was located by Mesa officers at her hotel around 4:30 p.m. on Monday. She is in good health, but disoriented.
Police said Georgou was first reported missing after family members went to the hotel to check in on her and only found her belongings.
Georgou’s rental car — a silver Nissan Maxima with an Arizona license plate AEM6713 — was also missing, police said.
Her family was concerned for her welfare. Officers said she has a history of mental breakdowns. She is also bipolar and is off of her medication.
Georgou was described as a 5’2″, blue-eyed white woman with gray hair. It was unknown what she was last seen wearing, but she does wear glasses.
- Mesa man indicted in case involving ‘graphic’ child pornography
- Another round of hard rain blasts Tempe, floods US 60
- New Jersey-based company to employ 500 people at new Mesa center
- Arizona man accused of holding woman hostage, injecting with drugs
- Troopers find 3 girls in broken-down vehicle along central Arizona highway