Chadwick Boseman gives ‘Black Panther’ fans a surprise on Fallon
PHOENIX — Jimmy Fallon, host of “The Tonight Show”, gave star Chadwick Boseman of the hit movie “Black Panther” an opportunity to surprise his fans.
Boseman’s fans were asked to tell a poster of the lead actor what his role meant to them and why they enjoyed his work so much.
Little did they know that behind the curtains hid Fallon and Boseman, who revealed themselves at the end of the fans’ speeches, to their astonishment.
“OHH! My King, My King!” exclaimed one fan as Boseman stepped out from the curtain.
The reactions were emotional and animated demonstrating how much the movie meant to so many people in the black community.
The testimonials were also extremely funny as some of the fans had Boseman grabbing onto Fallon because he was laughing so hard.
“I’ve seen the movie twice in theaters already, and once on bootleg,” said one fan.
“I want to thank you for having your suit on for most of the movie because when your chest was out, she [his girlfriend] was getting a little excited and I felt insecure,” said another.
Other reactions were more heartfelt and like the one from a Howard University graduate, which is also where Boseman went to college.
As of Sunday afternoon, “Black Panther” topped the $500 million mark in domestic revenues and is approaching the $1 billion mark worldwide.
- Who is Black Panther? A guide to Marvel’s first black superhero
- Jimmy Fallon, Mike Myers shake up classic dance battle on ‘Tonight Show’
- Jimmy Fallon, Paul McCartney, cast of ‘Sing’ cover ‘Wonderful Christmastime’
- Metallica joins Jimmy Fallon for a rendition of “Enter Sandman”
- Magician David Blaine displays latest illusions on ‘Tonight Show’