Arizona family to appear on ‘Family Feud’ next week
PHOENIX — A family from Surprise will be participating in the Steve Harvey-hosted game show “Family Feud” next week.
The Allen family consists of members Marilyn Tate, Katherine Allen, Brian Allen, Julian Allen and Tre Tate. Their ages range from 23 to 75 years old.
The family is originally from Denver, Colorado but moved to Arizona in 2001 after Marilyn survived triple bypass heart surgery and could not deal with Colorado winters anymore.
Brian and Julian are both graduates from Arizona State University and Tre is a graduate of Grand Canyon University. Brian is a real estate project manager, Julian is a Hollywood publicist and Tre is the lead teller at Wells Fargo and is also in the Delayed Enlistement Program for the Air Force.
Katherine is the vice president of Bank of America’s Mortgage Operations and has been an employee with the company for 21 years.
Marilyn is a retired special education teacher who volunteers three days a week at the senior center in Surprise.
The family was originally selected to participate when Family Feud held auditions at the Phoenix Convention Center back in January 2015.
The family will compete on Feb. 20 and 21 at 7:30 p.m. when they will have a chance to win some serious money.
This is the third Arizona family to be featured on the show.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Report: Arizona medical helicopter was going fast before fatal 2015 crash
- Deals on holiday flights are ‘few and far between’ for Arizonans
- Latino voters in Arizona, other states to join suit over 2020 Census
- Jon Kyl to resign from Senate on Dec. 31, setting up 2nd Ducey appointment
- Scottsdale, not Tempe or Tucson, rated as Arizona’s best college town