Transit directions in Tucson added to Apple’s Maps app
PHOENIX — There is some good news for Tucson residents who rely on smartphones to get around: Apple has added transit directions and data for the city to its Maps app.
According to MacRumors, the change came shortly after the company updated its app.
Transit directions have been available in Phoenix since October of last year, but the information for Tucson is new.
This change means that users of the Maps app — which comes pregenerated on any iPhone device — can select public transit routes when getting directions between two places.
Users will be able to see which SunTran bus lines are available, as well as Amtrak train routes.
However, Tucson has not yet been added to Apple’s iOS 11 Feature Availability website, which lists where transit directions are available. The publication said that feature should be added in the near future.
Transit directions have been a staple of the Maps app since 2015, when it was rolled out with the launch of iOS9. The feature has rapidly expanded over the last three years.
- Experts say ‘alarming’ drought conditions hit Arizona, other states
- Arizona officials preparing for heavy highway traffic before Memorial Day
- Border agents used ‘excessive’ force against children, ACLU reports
- Young children at greater drowning risk in open water, study finds
- Vietnam veteran involved in dispute over Military Honor Park in Coolidge