Hearing for Arizona man tied to Las Vegas massacre postponed
PHOENIX — The court date for an Arizona man accused of providing armor-piercing ammunition to the gunman in last year’s mass shooting in Las Vegas has been postponed.
The hearing for Douglas Haig was originally scheduled for Thursday, but it has since been moved to March 15.
The Mesa ammunition dealer’s lawyer said more time is needed to review evidence and consider resolving the case before any indictment is filed.
Haig was charged by prosecutors with conspiring to make and sell armor-piercing ammunition earlier this month.
Authorities said unfired armor-piercing cartridges found inside the Las Vegas hotel room where Stephen Paddock launched the Oct. 1 attack had Haig’s fingerprints.
Haig maintained he legally sold tracer ammunition — which illuminates the path of fired bullets — to Paddock in the weeks before the shooting that killed 58 people.
The charge centered on armor-piercing cartridges.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Even after election, Sinema resisted backing Schumer for Senate leader
- Arizona court again upholds $30M jury award for death in pursuit crash
- Arizona schools chief says student safety goes beyond armed officers
- Suspected Arizona bar shooter had no criminal record; motive a mystery
- Defense costs for Arizona murder suspect nears $1M ahead of April trial