Child dies, another seriously injured in 2-car crash in Phoenix
PHOENIX — One child was killed, another seriously injured and three adults were hurt Monday night in a car accident in Phoenix.
Phoenix police said all but one of the victims had been thrown from the vehicles, an SUV and a sedan that crashed near Greenway Parkway and 18th Street, then smashed into a block wall around 9 p.m.
A 3-year-old boy was pronounced dead at a hospital. A 6-year-old girl was in critical condition as was a 33-year-old woman with them. They had been riding in the SUV.
Police said injuries to the drivers, both men, weren’t life threatening.
The driver of the SUV, a 36-year-old, was the only person who managed to stay inside a vehicle.
Sgt. Vince Lewis said in an email the SUV was heading east on Greenway Parkway and turning left onto 18th Street when it hit a westbound Honda, driven by a 20-year-old.
The impact sent the cars in a wall that protected a house.
Names of the victims have not been released.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Officer-involved shooting in Phoenix leaves suspect in critical condition
- Teenage girl dies in Phoenix crash; driver was unlicensed
- Silver Alert canceled for Phoenix man with medical condition
- Two-year-old Phoenix boy pulled from pool dies at hospital
- Police: Cocaine found in man’s bag at Phoenix airport