2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 1 dead in crash on 99th Avenue near Interstate 10 in West Valley
- Wreck, spilled nails shut down Interstate 17 in Phoenix
- Accident shuts down ramp on eastbound Interstate 10 in Tempe
- I-10 westbound traffic near Eloy diverted as safety project progresses
- DPS: No deaths in Arizona highway accidents over Thanksgiving weekend