2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
- Elderly wrong-way driver stopped on Valley freeway during rush hour
- Manchester United, Club America soccer match to snarl West Valley traffic
- Interstate 10 from Arizona to New Mexico closed due to dust storm
- Glendale council decides not to bring in red-light cameras
- Wrong-way driver hits car on Phoenix freeway, minor injuries reported