2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Suspect arrested in connection to burglary of Fountain Hills home
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- Two suffer life-threatening injuries after car crashes into pole in Glendale
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures scheduled for June 15 weekend