2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Part of I-10 closed over weekend for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Phoenix Open expected to impact traffic in north Scottsdale this week
- Glendale high school student seriously injured after being hit by car
- Tanker leaks tar onto Interstate 17 in Phoenix, shuts down 7th Avenue ramp
- What is the best OnBoard Diagnostics port scanner for my car?