2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 3 killed, 2 seriously hurt in rollover crash on Phoenix street
- Arizona Cardinals, Sun Devils football games to impact traffic Thursday
- 1 dead, another critically injured in two Phoenix car crashes on Monday
- Lane, ramp restrictions along I-10 to cause delays over the weekend
- Traffic diverted on westbound I-10 near the split interchange