2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
PHOENIX — A fiery injury wreck and a separate accident in the opposite direction shut down parts of a Phoenix freeway in the early hours Tuesday.
A semi loaded with frozen food and a sedan collided on Interstate 17 North near Glendale Avenue around 4 a.m. The ramp was closed for an hour while authorities and clean-up crews worked.
About an hour after that reopening, a wreck on Interstate 17 South near Thomas Road hindered traffic in three lanes. State transportation authorities said cars were backed up to Bethany Home Road.
No other details were immediately available.
- Crews to close part of Loop 202, install traffic tech during Aug. 3 weekend
- Girl killed in hit-and-run in Phoenix; police seek help finding driver
- With Shania Twain, D-backs, expect heavy traffic downtown Monday
- Interstate 17 north of Phoenix reopened after fatal accident
- Here’s how you can prevent Arizona heat from wreaking havoc on your car