Arizona native Dierks Bentley to launch desert-themed clothing line
PHOENIX – Country music star and Arizona native Dierks Bentley is showcasing his desert roots in a new clothing line set to release this month.
Bentley collaborated with the popular men’s clothing line, Flag & Anthem, for a new line of vintage-inspired clothes called Desert Son.
“I wasn’t seeking out a fashion line, but it made total sense,” Bentley told WWD Magazine on Thursday. “I don’t really need to do something to increase my celebrity status so I only say yes to things if they’re exciting to me.”
According to WWD, Azod Mohit and Brad Gartman, the creators of Flag & Anthem, approached Bentley with the idea of launching his own clothing line once they found out he was a fan.
Despite his popularity, Bentley said he did not want to have his name on the line, instead electing to feature his lifestyle.
The clothes feature graphics of an American Flag, the famous Arizona saguaro cactus and a blend of colors mimicking an Arizona sunset.
The initial launch will include men’s and women’s vintage-washed T-shirts, raglans, hoodies and trucker hats. Button-downed flannel shirts, knit tops, jackets and denim releasing in the summer and fall.
The line will be available at the Flag & Anthem website, as well as various retailers including Buckle, Von Maur and Dillard’s.
It will also be featured at the Project show in Las Vegas from Feb. 12-14.
- Check out these highlights from 2018 Luke Days featuring the Blue Angels
- Phoenix area posts second-largest increase in construction jobs in US
- Multiple Arizona cities chosen as top places to retire, Scottsdale ranks first
- Free speech lawsuit against Arizona State University reaches agreement
- Prosecutors say doctor’s prescriptions caused Arizona woman’s death