Car, cab collide, 3 injured at Phoenix intersection
PHOENIX — Three people were taken to a hospital — one in critical condition — early Wednesday after a car and a taxi cab collided in west Phoenix.
The 12:30 a.m. wreck near 57th Avenue and Thomas Road shut down the street between 55th and 59th avenues for hours.
Police said the car heading east on Thomas moved to turn left onto 57th Avenue in front of a cab going west.
The vehicles smashed together, then the cab rolled over and landed on its roof. The cab driver was seriously injured while his passenger’s injuries weren’t life threatening.
The road finally reopened around 7 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona high court to hear appeal from stationery business
- 71-year-old suspect fatally shot by deputy US marshal in north Phoenix
- Body found in Phoenix park, police say death doesn’t appear to be suspicious
- Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving
- Spend the night with the Rolling Stones at State Farm Stadium in May