Car, cab collide, 3 injured at Phoenix intersection
PHOENIX — Three people were taken to a hospital — one in critical condition — early Wednesday after a car and a taxi cab collided in west Phoenix.
The 12:30 a.m. wreck near 57th Avenue and Thomas Road shut down the street between 55th and 59th avenues for hours.
Police said the car heading east on Thomas moved to turn left onto 57th Avenue in front of a cab going west.
The vehicles smashed together, then the cab rolled over and landed on its roof. The cab driver was seriously injured while his passenger’s injuries weren’t life threatening.
The road finally reopened around 7 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Woman says she pulled daughter out of Hacienda after sex assault
- Phoenix’s Pot of Gold festival offers refunds after Cardi B cancels
- Phoenix-area drivers face morning fog after light but steady rainfall
- Entertainment center with mini-golf, food, drinks, more coming to Phoenix
- Arizona Sen. Carl Hayden’s chair stolen from Phoenix storage unit