Car, cab collide, 3 injured at Phoenix intersection
PHOENIX — Three people were taken to a hospital — one in critical condition — early Wednesday after a car and a taxi cab collided in west Phoenix.
The 12:30 a.m. wreck near 57th Avenue and Thomas Road shut down the street between 55th and 59th avenues for hours.
Police said the car heading east on Thomas moved to turn left onto 57th Avenue in front of a cab going west.
The vehicles smashed together, then the cab rolled over and landed on its roof. The cab driver was seriously injured while his passenger’s injuries weren’t life threatening.
The road finally reopened around 7 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
- Phoenix trains apprentices to become sanitation workers
- Valley street to close for 6 months for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Phoenix in the running for newest Slack headquarters
- Vehicle runs red light, hits Gilbert police car Saturday morning
- Website: Tucson ranks in top five for best places for riding bicycles