Car, cab collide, 3 injured at Phoenix intersection
PHOENIX — Three people were taken to a hospital — one in critical condition — early Wednesday after a car and a taxi cab collided in west Phoenix.
The 12:30 a.m. wreck near 57th Avenue and Thomas Road shut down the street between 55th and 59th avenues for hours.
Police said the car heading east on Thomas moved to turn left onto 57th Avenue in front of a cab going west.
The vehicles smashed together, then the cab rolled over and landed on its roof. The cab driver was seriously injured while his passenger’s injuries weren’t life threatening.
The road finally reopened around 7 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
- 3 people, including 1 child, injured in central Phoenix car accident
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in horse abuse case
- US 60 westbound at Loop 101 reopens after accident
- Small plane crashes onto Phoenix street, claims lives of 2 onboard
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend