This Arizona city is one of the best in the nation to get married
PHOENIX — One of the best places to get married in the entire country can be found right here in Arizona — and it may not be what you would expect.
According to WalletHub, Tucson was named among the 15 best places in the country to get hitched. The southern Arizona city came in at No. 14, mainly for how affordable it is to hold a wedding there.
Tucson also came in quite high for activities and attractions. However, its worst ranking was for facilities and services.
Tucson was not the only Arizona city to make the list: Scottsdale followed shortly behind at No. 24.
The Phoenix-area suburb ranked quite differently than Tucson: Its best ranking was for facilities and services and its worst was for cost.
(And for those who are planning to get married in the Scottsdale area, nearby Paradise Valley is home to the most romantic restaurant in the state.)
The only other Arizona cities to crack the top 50 cities in the nation to get married were Phoenix at No. 27 and Tempe at No. 49. Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale and Peoria all fell within Nos. 63 and 148.
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Court proceedings continue after arrests of No More Deaths volunteers
- School district to discipline Phoenix-area students who formed swastika
- Scottsdale student arrested after gun found in parked car on school grounds
- Tucson-based project discovered asteroid that passed close to Earth