Triple-A of Arizona to offer ‘Tipsy Tow’ service during Super Bowl weekend
PHOENIX — The Super Bowl is this weekend, which means both fans of the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots will be gathered in the Valley to share some friendly banter, delicious food and a cold drink — or two.
If you are among those who are planning to enjoy a few drinks while watching the big game, Triple-A of Arizona wants to make sure you can get home safely.
Triple-A of Arizona will again offer its Tipsy Tow service for anyone in the state who is in need of a ride, according to spokeswoman Michelle Donati.
The “Tipsy Tow” service allows anyone — not just Triple-A members — to request a free tow up to 10 miles. The service will transport the driver, a passenger and their vehicle.
Riders will be charged the standard towing rate if they need to be towed more than 10 miles.
Arizonans who are looking to access the service can call 1-800-AAA-HELP and ask for a “Tipsy Tow.” The caller will also have to provide the driver’s name, address, phone number and vehicle location.
Donati also said those who are in town for the big game can request to be taken to a nearby hotel.
The service will be offered from 6 p.m. on Sunday to 6 a.m. on Monday.
KTAR News’ Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- Here are some of the best commercials from this year’s Super Bowl
- Could an Arizona city soon be the host of another Super Bowl?
- Chili named Arizona’s most searched recipe for Super Bowl Sunday
- Justin Timberlake offers few hints about Super Bowl LII halftime show
- How to sound like a Super Bowl expert with Jim Sharpe, Ron Wolfley