Triple-A of Arizona to offer ‘Tipsy Tow’ service during Super Bowl weekend
PHOENIX — The Super Bowl is this weekend, which means both fans of the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots will be gathered in the Valley to share some friendly banter, delicious food and a cold drink — or two.
If you are among those who are planning to enjoy a few drinks while watching the big game, Triple-A of Arizona wants to make sure you can get home safely.
Triple-A of Arizona will again offer its Tipsy Tow service for anyone in the state who is in need of a ride, according to spokeswoman Michelle Donati.
The “Tipsy Tow” service allows anyone — not just Triple-A members — to request a free tow up to 10 miles. The service will transport the driver, a passenger and their vehicle.
Riders will be charged the standard towing rate if they need to be towed more than 10 miles.
Arizonans who are looking to access the service can call 1-800-AAA-HELP and ask for a “Tipsy Tow.” The caller will also have to provide the driver’s name, address, phone number and vehicle location.
Donati also said those who are in town for the big game can request to be taken to a nearby hotel.
The service will be offered from 6 p.m. on Sunday to 6 a.m. on Monday.
KTAR News’ Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- Sharper Point: Will Arizona’s next Super Bowl be a win, a wash or a loss?
- Glendale council votes unanimously to back 2023 Super Bowl bid
- Phoenix hopes to score touchdown with another Super Bowl push
- Triple-A to offer ‘Tipsy Tow’ car services during St. Patrick’s Day
- Arizona public schools still working to get lead out of drinking water