James Taylor & His All-Star Band to visit Phoenix on 2018 tour
PHOENIX — James Taylor & His All-Star Band are going on tour this summer and will play at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix on May 29.
Tickets starting at $70 were already on sale.
He will be joined by Bonnie Raitt throughout the tour.
Taylor’s resume is impressive to say the least. He is a five-time Grammy award-winning musician who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000. Since his beginnings in 1968, he has recorded 17 studio albums and has sold over 100 million albums worldwide.
He also performed for President Barack Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel at a state dinner in the Rose Garden.
Taylor has successfully blended folk rock, pop and blues throughout the span of his career. He even won the 1998 Grammy award for best pop album for his fourteenth studio album, “Hourglass”.
Raitt has also received her fair share of Grammy awards, including the 1990 award for album of the year for “Nick of Time”. Raitt was also inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000. She is considered one of the greatest singers of this generation by music publications like the Rolling Stone.
The tour was scheduled to run from May to July.
- Kombucha couture: Valley designer looks to grow own clothing
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- How long would it take to save up for a down payment on Phoenix home?
- Gov. Doug Ducey heading to White House for border security event
- 3 teens dead, 3 injured in Phoenix car crash around midnight Sunday