Police surround Phoenix home after domestic-violence call
PHOENIX — Police in Phoenix surrounded a home where they had responded to a domestic-violence call Wednesday morning that ended quietly without injuries.
Nearly two dozen officers were at the home near 19th Avenue and Hatcher Road. Neighbors told them they heard screaming coming from the house.
Detective Marianne Ramirez didn’t say whether anyone in the house had been injured. There was a report that at least one officer was seen pointing a rifle at the open front door.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- FBI offering $2,500 reward in pursuit of Phoenix’s ‘Mismatch Bandit’
- Fire ruins several Phoenix townhomes under construction
- Suspect wanted for sexually assaulting teenage girl in south Phoenix
- Accused serial rapist arrested after attacking at least 7 Valley women
- One dead after collision on Interstate 17 in north Phoenix