Police surround Phoenix home after domestic-violence call
PHOENIX — Police in Phoenix surrounded a home where they had responded to a domestic-violence call Wednesday morning that ended quietly without injuries.
Nearly two dozen officers were at the home near 19th Avenue and Hatcher Road. Neighbors told them they heard screaming coming from the house.
Detective Marianne Ramirez didn’t say whether anyone in the house had been injured. There was a report that at least one officer was seen pointing a rifle at the open front door.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix police arrest suspect involved in Friday kidnapping
- Gilbert firefighters rescue ducklings from storm drain in adorable video
- Phoenix police asking for assistance locating missing adult and children
- Silence often hides domestic violence within Hispanic community
- Bane, fallen police K-9, honored at Phoenix ceremony Thursday