Police surround Phoenix home after domestic-violence call
PHOENIX — Police in Phoenix surrounded a home where they had responded to a domestic-violence call Wednesday morning that ended quietly without injuries.
Nearly two dozen officers were at the home near 19th Avenue and Hatcher Road. Neighbors told them they heard screaming coming from the house.
Detective Marianne Ramirez didn’t say whether anyone in the house had been injured. There was a report that at least one officer was seen pointing a rifle at the open front door.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 3-year-old boy in stable condition after he was shot Saturday in Phoenix
- Sandwich chain supplies Arizona first responders with $233K in gear
- Silver Alert canceled for a missing man from Chandler
- Mesa firefighters save more than 2 dozen people from burning complex
- Scottsdale man with history of domestic violence murders wife