Four WWE events, including Royal Rumble, to be held in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Wrestling fans, have we got some news for you: World Wrestling Entertainment announced Wednesday that four major events — including the Royal Rumble — would be held in Phoenix next year.
In a release, the entertainment company said one of wrestling’s biggest shows would be held at Chase Field, located near Third and Jefferson streets in downtown Phoenix, on Jan. 27, 2019.
It will be the first time a Royal Rumble will be held at a baseball stadium.
A Royal Rumble is one of WWE’s biggest nights of the year and is shown on Pay-Per-View. It typically features several matches, including one for a title, and a battle royale with as many as 30 wrestlers.
Ticket and hospitality package information will be released at a later date.
Three other WWE shows will be held over the same weekend as the Rumble.
The NXT TakeOver will be held on Jan. 26, 2019. Monday Night Raw was scheduled for Jan. 28, 2019 and SmackDown LIVE was slated for Jan. 29, 2019.
All of those events will be held at Talking Stick Resort Arena, which is located about two blocks west of Chase Field.
WWE is no stranger to the Valley. The company will host SmackDown Live at Talking Stick Resort Arena in February.
- Off Central: D-backs organist plays 21 years for love of music, baseball
- WWE releases Enzo Amore after Phoenix woman accuses him of rape
- Journey, Def Leppard set Phoenix date on upcoming joint tour
- These downtown Phoenix streets will be restricted for Cactus Bowl game
- Maricopa County, Diamondbacks meet privately on Chase Field deal