Banner Health, Select Medical to build rehab hospitals in Phoenix-area
PHOENIX — The Phoenix-based Banner Health has partnered with Select Medical, a Scottsdale medical center, the companies announced this week.
The partnership will combine operations of nearly 40 physical therapy centers and four acute inpatient rehabilitation hospitals and will lead to the construction of three new rehabilitation hospitals.
Lynn Rosenbach, a spokeswoman with Banner Health, said the deal will bring together two top-ranked health care providers to serve Arizona.
“We are looking to expand in advance and innovate our service,” she said. “It’s part of our growth and development strategy.”
The three new acute inpatient rehabilitation hospitals will be built in the West Valley, central Phoenix and East Valley. Rosenbach said construction is expected to begin this year and will be complete by 2019.
KTAR News’ Ashley Flood contributed to this report.
- Trial begins over renewable energy proposal in Arizona
- DPS investigating woman’s death in car along Phoenix-area freeway
- Kombucha couture: Valley designer looks to grow own clothing
- Gov. Doug Ducey heading to White House for border security event
- Head of Phoenix DEA says opioid epidemic ‘has not yet peaked’