Main Street Minute: Burger-chain customers donate to Phoenix hospital
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Whataburger customers donated $60,000 during a three-week fundraiser for Phoenix Children’s Hospital. The fast-food chain said customers donated at least a dollar anytime they visited one of the 25 Arizona restaurants. The money will go to families with kids in need of medical care.
• Chase, State Farm, Mesa Air and Computershare are a few of the companies attending a local job fair Thursday. The event runs from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive.
• A popular sandwich chain has added another spot in the East Valley. Jersey Mike’s Subs opened a second Mesa shop. The new site is near Power and McKellips roads. MyNewsMesa reports the chain has circulated 7,500 coupons offering a free sub for a donation to one of three schools in the area.
- Self-driving Waymo car involved in a 5-vehicle crash in Mesa
- Man dead after being shot by a Mesa police officer
- Phoenix-area cities among best in US for buying investment properties
- Here is the timeline of Mesa officers’ recent use-of-force incidents
- 2 Mesa officers on leave after incident with 15-year-old robbery suspect