Rod Stewart, Cyndi Lauper bringing upcoming tour to Phoenix
PHOENIX — On Monday, legendary singer-songwriter Rod Stewart announced plans to visit Arizona during his upcoming tour. He will be joined by Cyndi Lauper.
The two-time Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee will be playing at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix on Friday, Aug. 24.
Phoenix presale tickets begin Tuesday, Jan. 16 at 10 a.m. Tickets for the general public will go on sale Jan. 20 at 10 a.m.
Stewart will be accompanied by the Grammy Award-winning Lauper for the duration of the tour. The two will be reuniting following the success of their 2017 summer tour.
With 200 million records sold worldwide, Stewart is considered to be one of the best-selling artists in music history. Throughout his five decade-long career, he has been a voice in all types of genres in popular music, including rock, folk, soul and R&B.
If you can’t catch the British singer for his stop in Arizona you can check him out at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas where his show, “Rod Stewart: The Hits,” has earned rave reviews since it debuted in 2011.
Lauper has sold more than 50 million albums over the past 30 years. Many know her because of her hit song, “Girls Just Want to Have Fun”.
Lauper is the first female in history to have four top-five singles from a debut album.
- Phoenix police looking for person suspected of fatally shooting dog
- Gilbert company to build land mapping satellite after NASA approval
- Phoenix hopes to score touchdown with another Super Bowl push
- McSally voices opposition to decision to disband Marana-based battalion
- Glendale officer released from hospital after being shot, injured