Phoenix-area suburb posts funny video to show off warm winter weather
PHOENIX — While a massive winter storm roared through the East Coast last week, dumping as much as 17 inches of snow in some areas and unleashing hurricane-force winds and historic flooding, the Valley has enjoyed a relatively mild winter season.
But one Phoenix-area town decided to use the warm weather to its advantage, showing off the benefits of living in the desert in the winter.
Gilbert, a southeast suburb of Phoenix, published a video of its residents putting an Arizona spin on Corey Hart’s famed song “Sunglasses at Night.”
The video, appropriately titled “We wear our sunglasses all day,” shows its residents playing in water parks, shooting some rounds of golf and even participating in goat yoga while the sun is shining.
While the video wasn’t made specifically to celebrate the wonderful winter weather — the town said it was originally made for National Sunglasses Day back in June and was shared for this occasion — it’s still a must-see.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- As summer nears end, no child, pet in Maricopa County has died in hot cars
- Gilbert police searching for man accused of attempting to lure girl
- Day of rain brings threat of flash flooding to East Valley and beyond
- Trump comforts storm-ravaged Carolinas with hot dogs, hugs
- Ready for some rain? Storms expected in Phoenix area Wednesday