6 Gilbert charter school teachers fired over ‘serious’ campus incident
GILBERT, Ariz. — Six charter school teachers in Gilbert were fired last month after an alcohol-related incident on campus.
A spokeswoman for Imagine West Gilbert confirmed Saturday that the incident was alcohol-related. An initial report of their terminations had not given any details about the nature of the incident.
The school notified parents of the decision during the Christmas break.
School officials say they became aware of the Dec. 21 incident involving six staff members on school property during school hours.
Due to employment confidentiality laws, the school cannot disclose any specifics.
Investigators found all six teachers violated the employment handbook policies.
Imagine West Gilbert officials say they’ve already hired several highly qualified teachers for the spring semester.
- Lawmaker: Lack of regulation on Arizona tattoo industry is ‘shocking’
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Poll reveals support for LGBT inclusion in Arizona non-discrimination law
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Arizona family to appear on ‘Family Feud’ next week