Southbound Loop 101 ramps to Loop 202 to be closed overnight
PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation did not schedule any freeway closures this past weekend, allowing drivers to travel across the Valley with no restrictions for construction projects.
But Phoenix-area drivers should not get too used to it: The department said the ramps connecting southbound Loop 101 to the Loop 202 in Tempe will be closed overnight this week.
That’s right: Those ramps will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Monday through Thursday nights to allow crews to maintain freeway lights.
However, drivers should be able to get onto the freeway by using local streets. Drivers can also exit the southbound Loop 101 at Rio Salado Parkway and travel to Dobson Road to reach the eastbound highway or travel to McClintock Drive to reach the westbound highway.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Scottsdale body camera and Taser maker Axon to build new headquarters
- Phoenix woman turns to street drug dealers to cope with pain
- Here are the restaurants participating in Arizona Restaurant Week
- Pedestrian killed in Phoenix when trailer’s back wheels went on sidewalk
- President Donald Trump will not make Phoenix visit this month