Southbound Loop 101 ramps to Loop 202 to be closed overnight
PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation did not schedule any freeway closures this past weekend, allowing drivers to travel across the Valley with no restrictions for construction projects.
But Phoenix-area drivers should not get too used to it: The department said the ramps connecting southbound Loop 101 to the Loop 202 in Tempe will be closed overnight this week.
That’s right: Those ramps will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Monday through Thursday nights to allow crews to maintain freeway lights.
However, drivers should be able to get onto the freeway by using local streets. Drivers can also exit the southbound Loop 101 at Rio Salado Parkway and travel to Dobson Road to reach the eastbound highway or travel to McClintock Drive to reach the westbound highway.
- Superintendent Douglas says Arizona must find new ways to fund education
- Trump’s plan to seek death penalty for drug traffickers may not be effective
- Sprouts, Starbucks among stores in Phoenix mixed-use development
- Phoenix expected to reach high temperatures of 90 degrees Thursday
- Tucson girl, 14, to play in Drive, Chip and Putt contest at Masters