Southbound Loop 101 ramps to Loop 202 to be closed overnight
PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation did not schedule any freeway closures this past weekend, allowing drivers to travel across the Valley with no restrictions for construction projects.
But Phoenix-area drivers should not get too used to it: The department said the ramps connecting southbound Loop 101 to the Loop 202 in Tempe will be closed overnight this week.
That’s right: Those ramps will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Monday through Thursday nights to allow crews to maintain freeway lights.
However, drivers should be able to get onto the freeway by using local streets. Drivers can also exit the southbound Loop 101 at Rio Salado Parkway and travel to Dobson Road to reach the eastbound highway or travel to McClintock Drive to reach the westbound highway.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Southern California agency OKs water plan that awaits Arizona’s approval
- Phoenix-area commute ranked as one of most expensive in the nation
- APS, Suns grant more than $48,000 to Arizona teachers for STEM projects
- Arizona’s high country still plagued by drought, despite recent storms
- Arizonans frustrated by unrelenting robocalls may soon find some relief