Driver ejected, seriously hurt in rollover accident on I-17 in Phoenix
PHOENIX — One person was seriously injured in a two-car accident that shut down part of Interstate 17 north of downtown Phoenix early Friday morning.
Another driver suffered minor injuries in the rollover wreck that kept southbound lanes between Dunlap and Northern avenues closed for a couple of hours.
The stretch of road reopened shortly before 7 a.m. but not before creating a backup that reached Cactus Road.
A spokesman for the Arizona Department of Public Safety said a pickup truck banged into the side of another vehicle. The driver of the truck lost control of the vehicle. The truck rolled and he was ejected.
That man was in the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The other driver was treated at the scene.
No other information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona man found safe after missing overnight, Silver Alert canceled
- Missing Gilbert woman found; Silver Alert canceled
- Lawmaker proposes repeal of new $32 vehicle-registration fee
- Light rain falls on Phoenix area early, a little more to come Friday
- ADOT: No weekend freeway closures, part of Pecos Road closed