Driver ejected, seriously hurt in rollover accident on I-17 in Phoenix
PHOENIX — One person was seriously injured in a two-car accident that shut down part of Interstate 17 north of downtown Phoenix early Friday morning.
Another driver suffered minor injuries in the rollover wreck that kept southbound lanes between Dunlap and Northern avenues closed for a couple of hours.
The stretch of road reopened shortly before 7 a.m. but not before creating a backup that reached Cactus Road.
A spokesman for the Arizona Department of Public Safety said a pickup truck banged into the side of another vehicle. The driver of the truck lost control of the vehicle. The truck rolled and he was ejected.
That man was in the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The other driver was treated at the scene.
No other information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver Alert canceled for Phoenix man with medical condition
- DPS reminds drivers that mannequins won’t prevent HOV fines
- Loop 303 northwest of Phoenix near Cactus Road reopens
- ADOT responds to musical motorist with warning about unsafe sax
- Homeless veterans can now get free Arizona driver’s license, ID card