Smooth sailing: No Arizona freeway closures planned for Jan. 5 weekend
PHOENIX — The holiday season is officially over, but the Arizona Department of Transportation has one more gift for Valley drivers: There will be no state freeway closures during the Jan. 5 weekend.
That’s right: The department announced that it is not scheduling any closures or major lane restrictions along Valley freeways from Friday night through Monday morning.
“Drivers should focus on safety while behind the wheel, including obeying speed limits, avoiding distractions and never driving while impaired. Please use caution when approaching and traveling through existing work zones.”
However, that does not mean that drivers should expect smooth sailing this weekend: The department is still warning motorists to be aware of any accidents, slowing or other road conditions.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix woman turns to street drug dealers to cope with pain
- Here are the restaurants participating in Arizona Restaurant Week
- Pedestrian killed in Phoenix when trailer’s back wheels went on sidewalk
- President Donald Trump will not make Phoenix visit this month
- 8 dead, three injured after head-on crash in south-central Arizona