Smooth sailing: No Arizona freeway closures planned for Jan. 5 weekend
PHOENIX — The holiday season is officially over, but the Arizona Department of Transportation has one more gift for Valley drivers: There will be no state freeway closures during the Jan. 5 weekend.
That’s right: The department announced that it is not scheduling any closures or major lane restrictions along Valley freeways from Friday night through Monday morning.
“Drivers should focus on safety while behind the wheel, including obeying speed limits, avoiding distractions and never driving while impaired. Please use caution when approaching and traveling through existing work zones.”
However, that does not mean that drivers should expect smooth sailing this weekend: The department is still warning motorists to be aware of any accidents, slowing or other road conditions.
- Superintendent Douglas says Arizona must find new ways to fund education
- Trump’s plan to seek death penalty for drug traffickers may not be effective
- Sprouts, Starbucks among stores in Phoenix mixed-use development
- Phoenix expected to reach high temperatures of 90 degrees Thursday
- Tucson girl, 14, to play in Drive, Chip and Putt contest at Masters