Workers find 2 bodies inside truck in Phoenix-area canal
PHOENIX — A man and his teenage son have been found dead inside a pickup truck pulled from a canal on the far southwestern outskirts of metro Phoenix.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said farm workers saw the truck in water in Buckeye Valley near Agua Caliente Road and old U.S. 80.
Officials said the 38-year-old man and his 14-year-old son were both from Gila Bend and reportedly were returning from a hunting trip when the truck went into the canal for an unknown reason.
The names of the two victims aren’t immediately available.
The area is on the far southwestern outskirts of metro Phoenix.
Authorities didn’t know how long the truck or bodies had been in the water.
The causes of death will be determined by the county medical examiner’s office.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures scheduled for June 15 weekend
- Two I-10 ramps to permanently close for South Mountain Freeway work
- Westbound I-10 in Phoenix narrowed overnight during June 1 weekend
- Arizona officials preparing for heavy highway traffic before Memorial Day
- Police detectives unharmed in fatal traffic accident in Mesa