The Eagles announce more tour dates, Phoenix on the list
PHOENIX — Legendary rock band the Eagles announced a few more concert dates on Wednesday morning and there was good news: Phoenix made the list.
The band was scheduled to play a show on Sept. 8 at Talking Stick Resort Arena in downtown Phoenix.
Tickets for the new date will go on sale through Ticketmaster at 10 a.m. on Jan. 12.
A presale will be available for American Express cardholders. That sale will start Jan. 9 at 10 a.m. and end Jan. 11 at 10 p.m.
Several other presales will also be offered.
Tickets will start at $54.75 and top out at $394.75.
If you can’t make it to the Phoenix concert date, the Eagles will also play in relatively nearby Salt Lake City on May 3 and Denver on June 28.
The group will be joined by Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band for the Colorado show.
The Eagles have sold more than 120 million albums worldwide since first making it big in the 1970s.
The band has won six Grammy Awards and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 20 years ago.
A statue to late band leader Glenn Frey was installed in Winslow, Arizona last year after the singer-songwriter passed away.
The city was immortalized in the band’s hit, “Take it Easy.”
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of nationwide phone scam
- Phoenix residents work for 4 years to earn enough for down payment
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash