ADOT asks Arizona drivers to vote for favorite highway safety messages
PHOENIX — Did you find yourself chuckling at some of the safety messages posted along Arizona’s freeways last year? If so, now you can vote to make sure your favorite will come out on top.
The Arizona Department of Transportation has opened up voting for the 10 most popular freeway safety messages in an effort to crown one of them the most hilarious of 2017.
The department has become well-known for its funny and topical freeway safety messages. In 2017, officials opened up a contest so drivers could submit their own message ideas.
Two of them won the clever freeway sign contest and were featured on department message boards around the state for a weekend: “That’s the temperature, not the speed limit” and, “Single in HOV? Get a real date not a court date.”
The top-10 highway safety messages from 2017 can be found below and you can vote for your favorite here.
- Republican Debbie Lesko wins special general election to replace Franks
- World War II Navajo Code Talker dies at 92
- Eastern Arizona wildfire continues to grow, now burned 19,000-plus acres
- Q&A: How walkout by Arizona teachers is expected to play out
- Churches, organizations offer to assist Arizona families during walkout