Arizona couple welcomes baby girl 20 seconds into 2018
PHOENIX — Most couples typically spend the time right after midnight on New Year’s Eve exchanging kisses or sharing resolutions.
But one Arizona couple was a little busy welcoming their baby girl, Emma, into the world.
Banner Health said the baby was born at Estrella Medical Center — located near 91st Avenue and Thunderbird Road — about 20 seconds into the new year, so about 12:00:20 on Monday morning.
Emma was the first child born to parents Daisy and Marcelo. She was scheduled to be born on Jan. 1 and arrived right on time.
She weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces and was 21.5 inches long.
There’s a good chance Emma meets a few girls with the same name as hers growing up. It was the most popular name for baby girls in Arizona last year.
Also, we’re guessing her parents had to set a couple of new resolutions. First up?
Buy some diapers.
- Mesa daughter, parents, avoid jail time for hiding baby in custody case
- Tiny newborn Salt River wild horse rescued by nonprofit group
- Phoenix Zoo welcomes female baby giraffe for second time in a year
- Banner Health, Lyft partner to bring Arizona patients to medical services
- Banner Health is building a comprehensive hospital in Chandler