Police: Pedestrian killed when struck, carried on vehicle
PHOENIX — Phoenix police say a pedestrian was struck by a car and then carried on the vehicle for over a block without the driver stopping or calling the authorities.
Sgt. Vince Lewis says there was no indication that the 65-year-old woman driving the car was impaired and that the case was under review.
Lewis says 35-year-old Ramon Corrales was not in a marked crosswalk on South Seventh Avenue when he was struck Friday night.
Lewis says the driver proceeded from where she struck Corrales to her apartment complex without making any attempts to notify authorities “of the collision or the obviously injured pedestrian.”
The driver’s identity was not released.
- Phoenix police: Officer shoots, wounds man who pointed gun
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Russians charged with meddling in 2016 presidential race