SanTan Brewing Company to open Phoenix location next year
PHOENIX — Another brewery will soon come to the Phoenix area.
According to a press release, the Chandler-based SanTan Brewing Company is expected to open a new location in Phoenix by spring 2018.
The new location will be in uptown Phoenix near 16th Street and Bethany Home Road, taking the place of a former Z’Tejas spot. The restaurant was one of three that closed down in October due to a lack of performance.
The 7,000-square-foot brewpub will “feature the full array of craft beer and craft food that SanTan has brought to the Valley for the past 10 years,” the press release said.
In a statement, SanTan founder Anthony Canecchia said the company has been looking for the right location for years and has finally found the perfect spot.
“The architecture of the new building at Bethany Station will perfectly compliment the interior and exterior remodel we have planned.
“We’re excited to join a community filled with Arizona owned businesses and look forward to being part of the neighborhood,” Canecchia said.
The original SanTan Brewing Company location opened in downtown Chandler, near Arizona Avenue and Chandler Boulevard back in 2007 and has since become one of the state’s most well-known craft breweries.
The company began distributing its brews to restaurants and other locations across the state in 2009.
- Arizona parks well-suited for families looking to take a last-minute vacation
- Border agents arrest 2 in Arizona for alleged attempted meth smuggling
- Prosecutors change policy for marijuana smuggling in Arizona
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say