Police find husband with stab wounds, wife dead in Mesa home
PHOENIX — A man who told Mesa police he had stabbed himself and fatally injured his wife was in a hospital in serious condition.
Detective Nik Rasheta said the husband called 911 late Wednesday to tell them of the knifings near Southern Avenue and Greenfield Road.
Rasheta said officers reported the scene supported the man’s confession. No one else appeared to have been involved.
Authorities haven’t released the couple’s names.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix man charged with murder after man found dead in Mesa
- Mesa police confirm suspect in nail salon homicide was killed by officers
- Arizona State University professor accused of sexual misconduct
- Phoenix police: Officer shoots, wounds man who pointed gun
- Driver dies in wrong-way freeway wreck in Arizona