Police find husband with stab wounds, wife dead in Mesa home
PHOENIX — A man who told Mesa police he had stabbed himself and fatally injured his wife was in a hospital in serious condition.
Detective Nik Rasheta said the husband called 911 late Wednesday to tell them of the knifings near Southern Avenue and Greenfield Road.
Rasheta said officers reported the scene supported the man’s confession. No one else appeared to have been involved.
Authorities haven’t released the couple’s names.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Mesa police officer, 1 other person injured in car accident
- Thieves steal puppies worth thousands from Phoenix-area pet store
- Feds offer reward for information on explosives found in Arizona
- Arizona State Capitol dome will shine blue for anti-human trafficking
- Man kills two children, one woman at Phoenix apartment on Christmas