Police find husband with stab wounds, wife dead in Mesa home
PHOENIX — A man who told Mesa police he had stabbed himself and fatally injured his wife was in a hospital in serious condition.
Detective Nik Rasheta said the husband called 911 late Wednesday to tell them of the knifings near Southern Avenue and Greenfield Road.
Rasheta said officers reported the scene supported the man’s confession. No one else appeared to have been involved.
Authorities haven’t released the couple’s names.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Mesa drops charges against man seen beaten in arrest video
- Phoenix police arrest 2 suspects, barricade ends with house fire
- FBI, Peoria police arrest suspect in 4 Phoenix-area bank robberies
- Mesa police report says man beaten was ‘defiant and confrontational’
- Man dies after being stabbed in Mesa on Saturday morning