Police find husband with stab wounds, wife dead in Mesa home
PHOENIX — A man who told Mesa police he had stabbed himself and fatally injured his wife was in a hospital in serious condition.
Detective Nik Rasheta said the husband called 911 late Wednesday to tell them of the knifings near Southern Avenue and Greenfield Road.
Rasheta said officers reported the scene supported the man’s confession. No one else appeared to have been involved.
Authorities haven’t released the couple’s names.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Man shot in car at Tempe intersection, dies; police search for suspect
- Suspect in Friday night’s officer-involved shooting in Mesa has died
- Mesa police arrest 2 teens for posting threats against schools
- Prescott man turns self in after unprovoked attack at camp site
- Married couple accused of robbing 9 Phoenix banks arrested