Police find husband with stab wounds, wife dead in Mesa home
PHOENIX — A man who told Mesa police he had stabbed himself and fatally injured his wife was in a hospital in serious condition.
Detective Nik Rasheta said the husband called 911 late Wednesday to tell them of the knifings near Southern Avenue and Greenfield Road.
Rasheta said officers reported the scene supported the man’s confession. No one else appeared to have been involved.
Authorities haven’t released the couple’s names.
No other details were immediately available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Bar customers hold on to suspect in fatal Phoenix-area shooting
- Phoenix police investigate nighttime attack, daylight store robbery
- Report shows vast inequalities in Arizona prison system
- Phoenix woman arrested after bringing kids to drug deals
- Former Arizona financial adviser going to prison for stealing from nonprofits