Main Street Minute: Phoenix Open launches Spanish-only website
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
The Waste Management Phoenix Open is going bilingual. A new, Spanish version of the tournament’s website can now be viewed at www.abiertowmphoenix.com. The Open runs from Jan. 29 through Feb. 4 at TPC Scottsdale.
The University of Arizona’s College of Nursing just picked up a $50,000 boost. Jack Challem, the estate of bestselling integrative health author, gave the money to support an upcoming pilot study that will use cognitively-based compassion training on cancer survivors, as well as their friends and family.
A bank with a big Arizona presence is handing out raises in the wake of tax reform. Washington Federal announced that all employees in good standing who are earning less than $100,000 a year will receive a 5 percent increase, on top of their normal merit hike.
- Twitter flags Joe Arpaio’s US Senate campaign page as potentially unsafe
- Scottsdale school board votes to raise teacher pay by next school year
- Delays in citizenship process pile up as Arizona immigrants feel pressure
- Phoenix-based grocer Sprouts gives part of tax cut back to employees
- Democrat Nancy Pelosi visits Phoenix for tax town hall