Main Street Minute: Phoenix Open launches Spanish-only website
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
The Waste Management Phoenix Open is going bilingual. A new, Spanish version of the tournament’s website can now be viewed at www.abiertowmphoenix.com. The Open runs from Jan. 29 through Feb. 4 at TPC Scottsdale.
The University of Arizona’s College of Nursing just picked up a $50,000 boost. Jack Challem, the estate of bestselling integrative health author, gave the money to support an upcoming pilot study that will use cognitively-based compassion training on cancer survivors, as well as their friends and family.
A bank with a big Arizona presence is handing out raises in the wake of tax reform. Washington Federal announced that all employees in good standing who are earning less than $100,000 a year will receive a 5 percent increase, on top of their normal merit hike.
- Arizona CD9 candidate Greg Stanton plans work on tax reform, immigration
- Federal health care website up and running after slow start
- 2018 Phoenix Open raises record-breaking $12.2M for Arizona charities
- Amazon ups wages for 350K, says it will advocate better pay
- Tickets for 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open golf tournament on sale