Main Street Minute: Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker to gift local kids
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker is spreading holiday cheer to more than two dozen Valley kids. The basketball star will treat 25 children from Mesa’s La Mesita community to a shopping spree at a Dick’s Sporting Goods from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. Dick’s will also match his gift of $100 gift cards.
• A new survey from American Express Travel revealed more U.S. travelers plan to expand their personal and global boundaries when they go on vacation next year. More than 70 percent said they enjoy learning about different cultures and nearly 60 percent said they want to explore a new destination in 2018.
• Urban Air Adventure Park is getting ready to open and is looking for employees. The company is looking to hire more than 50 people to man its first Arizona site near 48th Street and Ray Road in Ahwatukee. There is a job fair from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday to search for court monitors, front desk workers, party hosts and park lead. The facility is set to open in January.
- Sen. John McCain calls on Trump to stop attacking journalists, press
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- Sedona named as the best small town to visit in Arizona
- Lockdown lifted on Peoria buildings after ‘suspicious’ package found
- Cool front expected to blow into Arizona but little chance for rain, snow