Emma, Liam again take top spots for popular baby names in Arizona
PHOENIX — Just like last year, this year saw a whole host of unexpected changes, but at least one thing has stayed the same: Liam and Emma have remained the most popular baby names in Arizona.
According to the Arizona Department of Health Services, Liam and Emma have taken the top spots for the most popular boy and girl names for the second year in a row.
This came one year after the names knocked Sophia and Noah – which held the top spots for five and two years, respectively – down the list.
This year, Noah fell to No. 2, while Sophia fell to No. 4 on the list.
Some of the more unique girl names on the list included Ximena, Genesis and Daleyza, while the unique boy names included Mateo, Emiliano and Maverick.
You can view the entire list here.
However, the official count of the year’s top baby names will be verified and posted online in February, the department said.
- Mark Shoen named richest person in the history of Arizona
- Red for Ed supporters, teachers gather in Surprise for rally
- This jelly bean flavor is the favorite for Arizona candy lovers
- Southwest Cajun Fest brings Louisiana flavor to Chandler Park
- Campfire restrictions begin for parts of Coconino National Forest