Emma, Liam again take top spots for popular baby names in Arizona
PHOENIX — Just like last year, this year saw a whole host of unexpected changes, but at least one thing has stayed the same: Liam and Emma have remained the most popular baby names in Arizona.
According to the Arizona Department of Health Services, Liam and Emma have taken the top spots for the most popular boy and girl names for the second year in a row.
This came one year after the names knocked Sophia and Noah – which held the top spots for five and two years, respectively – down the list.
This year, Noah fell to No. 2, while Sophia fell to No. 4 on the list.
Some of the more unique girl names on the list included Ximena, Genesis and Daleyza, while the unique boy names included Mateo, Emiliano and Maverick.
You can view the entire list here.
However, the official count of the year’s top baby names will be verified and posted online in February, the department said.
- Phoenix restaurant Coup Des Tartes to permanently close its doors
- Arizona plan to combat opioids would limit dosages, amounts
- Arizona has just 21 foster families for refugee children
- Joe Arpaio files appeal to undo contempt of court conviction
- Families of Florence children exposed to tear gas file lawsuit against state