Emma, Liam again take top spots for popular baby names in Arizona
PHOENIX — Just like last year, this year saw a whole host of unexpected changes, but at least one thing has stayed the same: Liam and Emma have remained the most popular baby names in Arizona.
According to the Arizona Department of Health Services, Liam and Emma have taken the top spots for the most popular boy and girl names for the second year in a row.
This came one year after the names knocked Sophia and Noah – which held the top spots for five and two years, respectively – down the list.
This year, Noah fell to No. 2, while Sophia fell to No. 4 on the list.
Some of the more unique girl names on the list included Ximena, Genesis and Daleyza, while the unique boy names included Mateo, Emiliano and Maverick.
You can view the entire list here.
However, the official count of the year’s top baby names will be verified and posted online in February, the department said.
- Drought forces emergency measures for US West’s wild horses
- Arizona teachers trained to integrate computer science in their classrooms
- Arizona’s top judge: Courts step up efforts against sexual harassment
- New facilities in Phoenix aim to provide health care for homeless
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend