Main Street Minute: Scottsdale museum gets Andy Warhol grant
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art has been awarded $80,000 from the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts. The money will be used over the next two years to presents new works from a wide range of artists and support publications.
• An East Valley restaurant opening soon will make some hires on Thursday. Sammy D’s Saloon will host open interviews from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. near Rural Road and University Drive in Tempe. The restaurant should open next month.
• We now know which prominent Arizonan purchased the most expensive home in Arizona. The Phoenix Business Journal reported Microchip Technology CEO Steve Sanghi purchased the home for more than $15.5 million.
- Phoenix area posts second-largest increase in construction jobs in US
- Multiple Arizona cities chosen as top places to retire, Scottsdale ranks first
- Arizona dog currently up for adoption has long, unusual history
- Bad decisions probably caused plane crash that killed Scottsdale family
- Ex-Scottsdale cheerleading coach gets prison in sexual abuse case