Main Street Minute: Scottsdale museum gets Andy Warhol grant
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art has been awarded $80,000 from the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts. The money will be used over the next two years to presents new works from a wide range of artists and support publications.
• An East Valley restaurant opening soon will make some hires on Thursday. Sammy D’s Saloon will host open interviews from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. near Rural Road and University Drive in Tempe. The restaurant should open next month.
• We now know which prominent Arizonan purchased the most expensive home in Arizona. The Phoenix Business Journal reported Microchip Technology CEO Steve Sanghi purchased the home for more than $15.5 million.
- Scottsdale native Emma Stone nabs Oscar nomination for ‘The Favourite’
- Trump nominates Phoenix-area lawyer to fill US District Court vacancy
- Hit the road! Barrett-Jackson classic car auction rolls into Scottsdale
- Scottsdale mural honoring Sen. John McCain halted after council vote
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Jan. 4-6