22-year-old Chino Valley coach arrested on teen sex charge
CHINO VALLEY, Ariz.– Authorities say a Chino Valley soccer coach is facing charges of sexual assault and sexual contact with a minor for an incident at a party involving high school players and their friends.
Chino Valley police say 22-year-old Jose Eduardo Beltran Romaniz was arrested Monday.
Bond was set at $150,000 at Romaniz’s initial court appearance Tuesday. He doesn’t have an attorney assigned to his case.
Romaniz was a contract coach at Chino Valley High School.
He’s accused of bringing alcohol to the Dec. 9 party at a soccer player’s house and engaging in drinking games. The next day, a 16-year-old girl reported she was assaulted at the party.
Police say Romaniz has acknowledged buying alcohol for the party and engaging in sex acts with the teen while she was drunk.
- Looking for ways to support a sexual assault victim? Here’s how
- FBI seeking more victims in Havasupai sexual assault case
- Hamilton High searching for new football coach amid hazing scandal
- CBS suspends Charlie Rose, PBS halts his show following allegations
- Sen. Jeff Flake: I would rather vote for a Democrat than Roy Moore